Church of God
Midland Park Church of God, 400 Godwin Ave., Midland Park, NJ, 07432
The Midland Park Church of God
is affiliated with the Church of God
of Anderson, Indiana.
Providing Biblical Principles for the Crossroads in Life.
Pastor Lloyd Vorderstrasse
The Midland Park Church of God is affiliated with the Church of God reformation Movement of Anderson, Indiana.
The Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) is a global movement of people seeking to fulfill God’s mission in the world.
We’re committed to studying the Word of God and faithfully living it out. We’re committed to the mission that Jesus Christ gave every believer: to make disciples of all nations (Matt 28:18–20).
The Church of God movement appeared in the 1880s in the midst of the broader American Holiness Revival. The pioneers of the Church of God hoped to restore a more biblical understanding and practice of what it means to be the church.One of our early church songs says: “The Bible is our rule of faith and Christ alone is Lord.” This lyric still summarizes the core belief of Church of God people.
The following statements reflect the heart of the Church of God:
We also embrace these biblical principles:
• The Lordship of Jesus. There is one Lord, who is God’s Son Jesus Christ, over the
church. Christ is the church’s ultimate authority on all matters (Acts 2:36).
• Making Disciples. Each of us is called to fulfill Matthew 28:18–20, making fully devoted
followers of Christ—disciples—who will then teach others to follow Christ.
• Loving God and Neighbor. We are called to fulfill Matthew 22:37–39, not only loving God
with our entire being, but also loving all that he loves.
• The Work of the Holy Spirit. God’s Spirit equips believers with unique gifts that enable us
to carry out the mission of Christ in the world. At the same time, the Spirit produces
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control
in every believer (Galatians 5:22–23), which demonstrate the Spirit’s presence within us.
• Stewardship. Since God is the source of life, all of life is to be used for the honor, glory,
and service of God (Psalm 24:1).
• Salvation makes us members of God’s church. We believe that the church is
composed of every person who has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. We enter into the
life of the church, not by joining a denomination or a human organization, but by
committing our lives to Christ (John 3:1–7).
• Christians are called to be one. We believe that God calls all followers of Christ to
live in unity and peace, regardless of who they are or the church they attend (Gal 3:28).
While we may not agree on everything, we can rally around our subject, Jesus.
• We must be holy. We believe that followers of Christ have been called to live a life of
love, purity, and godliness. We are called to live like Christ, taking on a new nature
(2 Cor. 5:17).
|Feb - March|
|June - July|
|Aug - Sept|
|Oct - Nov|